Woman Catches Workmen on Camera Slagging off Her Home

A woman has gone viral after sharing footage of a handyman slagging off her house, not realising he was on camera the entire time.

Let’s face it, we all have our own varied tastes and preferences when it comes to interior design. There are those of us who buy an arseload of stuff from IKEA and keep it the same for a decade at least, while some of us are always freshening up our home decor vibe, sometimes from season-to-season. A few among us just keep Christmas decorations up all year round and then there’s those who like to go full blown Steve Jobs and have no furniture and bare walls in their gaff.

But Kat Hope Jones at least saw the funny side when she discovered the workmen who were working on her house were also spending their time taking the p*ss out of it while on the job.

Posting on TikTok, she said, “Turns out the maintenance guys at my apartment had opinions about my interior design.”

A couple of the offending items. Images: TikTok/@kathopejones

On the video, one of the tradies can be heard saying, “Everything’s pink, the refrigerator, the washing machine [dishwasher]. This girl has pink s**t everywhere.”

@kathopejones

Turns out the maintenance guys at my apartment had opinions about my interior design #caughtoncamera #pink #girlyapartment

♬ original sound – Kat Hope Jones

The video was posted on 17th October and, at the time of writing, has already amassed almost four million views and over 520,000 likes.

One user replied, “Everyone is so mad, not everyone is going to like someone’s house,” while another said, “It’s kinda cute they’re like middle school boys indoctrinated to hate pink.”

What do you make of the place? Would you have made the same comments?

One thing’s for certain, however and that is that the handymen on the job will have had no idea that they were set to become viral sensations when they encountered that pink palace.