The UK’s Best Kebabs Have Been Named

Forget the Oscars, the Brits, the BAFTAS and everything else. The one award ceremony we’re truly bothered about is the National Kebab Awards.

Let’s face it, knowing where to pick up the best kebab is a source of knowledge that is absolutely priceless. There’s not much worse than being fobbed off with a dodgy doner or a dry chicken tikka in a stale pitta or naan.

So it is with great pride and happiness that we can share the best places in the UK to order that most godlike of foods….

  • Best Kebab House in Northern Ireland: Grab a Kebab
  • Best Kebab House in Scotland: Dante’s Fish Chips and Kebab
  • Best Kebab House in Wales: Wales Kebab
  • Best Kebab Restaurant in North & West London: Antalya Restaurant
  • Best Kebab Restaurant in South & East London: The Ottoman Doner, Duman Doner
  • Best Kebab Restaurant Regional: Zeytin Restaurant, Pasha Turkish Gill Restaurant, Batman Grill
  • Best Newcomer Restaurant in London/Outside London: Etci Kitchen in Brighton, Mehmet’s Kitchen, La’de Kitchen
  • Best Takeaway in London: Pizza King Kebab House, Kervan Saray
  • Best Takeaway Regional: Botan Kebab House, Master Kebab
  • Best Value Restaurant: EV Restaurant
  • Customer Satisfaction: Bursa Kebab, Alaturka Doner, Mount Nemrut Turkish Restaurant
  • Fine Dining Restaurant: The Mantl, Roza
  • Kebab Van of the Year: Diamond Kebab
  • Just Eat Best Delivery: Dilan Kebab, BBQ Grill Chatham
  • Best Greek Restaurant: Meze Greek Restaurant, Tonys Pita
  • Best Lebanese Restaurant: Cedrus Lebanese Cuisine
  • Supplier of the Year: Kismet Kebabs
  • Chef of the Year: Ali Akis, Yaz Restaurant
Image: British Kebab Awards

The ceremony took place at Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge Hotel, and saw awards being handed out across the different countries and regions of the United Kingdom, as well as awards for best takeaway, best value, customer satisfaction, and the highly prestigious chef of the year.

Hosted by BBC Radio One presenters Scott Mills and Chris Stark, the awards were once again a roaring success, with Ibrahim Dogus, the founder of the awards saying, “Following a very difficult 18 months for all those in the hospitality sector, it gave me great joy to see a full house of friends new and old, celebrating each other’s hard work and successes.

Image: British Kebab Awards

“I would like to congratulate all the winners as well as all those that made it onto the shortlist.

“This year we were inundated with entries and the standard was unbelievable across the board. Thank you to everyone involved.”

Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’ve got a road trip to map out…