Tradesman Accidentally Wanted by Police After Trying to Get Into the Wrong House

A tradie from Northampton almost found himself on the wrong end of the law when local police released doorbell footage that appeared to show him “allegedly trying to gain access to the property”.

The footage was released on Wednesday 15th September, six days after a man had been seen apparently trying to access a property on Clare Street.

However, it turns out the man was simply a tradesman who had gone to the wrong house.

Northamptonshire police have now declared that the case is officially closed.

“The case has now been investigated and it has been established that the man in question was a tradesman working on a neighbouring property who had mistakenly gone to the wrong house,” a police spokesperson said.

“Thanks to his engagement we can now be satisfied that no crime has taken place and the case has been closed.”

We hope the bloke finally managed to arrive at the right property or there might be some other, pretty p*ssed off people who want to report him.

(h/t Northants Live)

Leave a Reply