Cafe Launches ‘UK’s Biggest Ever Breakfast’ With Over 17,000 Calories

It’s said to be the most important meal of the day, but when it comes to breakfast, do you really need one that would be the most important and only meal of your week?

One cafe in Doncaster certainly seems to think so.

The ‘Terminator Armageddon’ fry up has recently been added to the menu at Shepherd’s Place Farm and contains a whopping 17,000 calories.

Just to put that into perspective, that’s just over a full week’s calorie allowance in a single meal.

The indigestion and meat sweat inducing breakfast is made up of 150 items, including 15 jumbo Lincolnshire sausages (the equivalent to 30 regular sausages), 15 rashers of bacon, 15 hash browns, 15 fried eggs, 15 slices of black pudding, 15 slices of toast and fried bread with butter, 15 portions of mushrooms, 15 portions of baked beans and 15 portions of tinned tomatoes.

The meal will set you back £50, but when you consider it’s actually about 25 meals in one, that’s actually incredible value.

Although, if you do manage to finish the entire thing, you eat for free. But given that the Terminator can come in at almost a full stone in weight, you’re probably not completing it without having to be rushed to hospital immediately afterwards.

Ted Phillips, who owns Shepherds Place Farm, said, “The Terminator Armageddon is officially the biggest breakfast in the UK. I have already had messages from competitive eaters in the US who are desperate to get over and give the challenge their best shot.

Reckon you could take this on? Image: @mrchrishubbard/Twitter

“We just progressed our breakfast challenges until we got to where we are today.

“We are renowned for our breakfasts and we are proud to now be the home of the largest breakfast in the UK.

“I’d seen a few food challenges in the US and on programs such as Man VS Food but I thought that I hadn’t seen many happening in this country so I started doing them.

“They are so popular with our customers and we have had people travel from all over the country to give our breakfast challenges ago, so I look forward to welcoming even more people to try out the new Terminator Armageddon challenge.

“It is absolutely massive and it was even hard for me to carry the tray over to the table as it was so heavy.

“It easily weighs between 15 to 20lbs.

“To be honest I don’t know how anyone will be able to finish this just for the sheer amount of sausages.”

We know a challenge when we see one. Just off to fetch our stretchiest pants and we’re booking a train to Doncaster.

(H/T LADbible)

Leave a Reply