Bloke Makes Air Con Out of Household Objects in Genius Video

Let’s face it, as welcome as heatwaves are in the UK, we’re also really not built for them. We’re an island accustomed to wind, rain, drizzle, a bit of snow and generally grey, cold weather. When the mercury rises above 25 degrees, we’re all in trouble, even if it gives us an excuse to crack the barbie out or sit ourselves in a beer garden for eight hours a day.

Luckily, help is at hand to cool down that won’t cost you an arm and a leg in air con installation fees.

That’s because one ingenious TikTok user has developed a way of building your own air con out of household objects.

TikToker @sam.southall02 has amassed over a million views and almost 60,000 likes at the time of writing on a video where he displays how to construct a homemade AC unit.

The construction starts with you needing to close all the windows and doors in your house and grabbing ‘something cold like a frozen water bottle’.

Then. all you need to do is place said frozen water bottle behind a simple desk fan.

Seriously, that’s it.

Some TikTok users weren’t all that impressed, however. After all, this is social media…

One user chimed in, “A fan in a closed room will actually heat the room up as the motor will produce heat so the cold bottle is a short term effect.”

Another user joked about just getting a fancier system installed, writing: “Or fit air conditioning. It’s only £2k for a single unit.”

A third person, with the most liked comment of the lot, claimed: “But then the water bottle does dat condensing ting and floods ur room.”

Well, despite the negative feedback, we’re willing to try anything at this point, so we’re just off to fan a bottle of tap water over ourselves for the next 12 hours.

Leave a Reply