Builders Rip Up Wrong Garden Because Of ‘Confusing’ Street Layout

It’s every builder’s worst nightmare.

Imagine getting stuck into a job, only to realise you’ve ripped up the wrong property.

Well that’s what happened to one Australian builder who demolished some unsuspecting home owner’s garden by accident.

The error was a result of a ‘confusing’ street layout.

Dreigan Fisher was sent to carry out some garden work at number 37 of a street in Melbourne, and decided than rather than wait for his boss to arrive, he would make a start solo. However, unbeknownst to Dreigan, there was another number 37 further down the street, which is actually where he needed to be.

And, as if that wasn’t confusing enough, both houses had work planned for the same day.

Sharing his confusion to TikTok, Dreigan posted, “What a way to start the day. I get a text to say the address is number 37. I wait for the client to come in with the excavator, waited for Tyler, pulled up the pavers, only to find up there’s a 37 all the way down there too.

@dafishaaa

When you go to prep a pour and end up going to the wrong house… 😒😭 #mondays #embarrising #landscaping #fyp #willbebacktoreplaceyourpavers

♬ original sound – Dafishaaa

“I’ve just gone to a complete stranger’s house, got them to open up the shed, pulled up their pavers, waited for my boss, just to find out it’s the wrong house. F***.”

Fortunately, Dreigan’s boss Tyler saw the funny side and, in his own TikTok video, explained what went down at the wrong number 37.

“Get a load of this.

“I’m running late so he comes in and starts moving things and ripping up pavers, but what he didn’t know was that’s actually the wrong house.”

Speaking to news.com.au, Tyler blamed the mix up on ‘stupid’ layout of the street, “It’s a really stupid set-up because it’s all part of the one block of units but the end unit belongs to a different street but has the same number 37.

“Dreigan is a loyal worker who doesn’t answer back, just does what he’s told. As you saw, he did what I asked. It was just unfortunate that there was another 37, three houses away.

“Can’t blame him – he did everything right.”