Estate Agents Busted On Camera Slagging Off House They Were Trying To Sell

Estate agents often get a bad reputation and we doubt the two caught on camera in this video will do much to boost that rep in the eyes of the general public.

In the video, which can be watched in full HERE, the two agents obnoxiously berate the three bedroom bungalow in Kent that they were trying to sell, while not realising they were being filmed the entire time.

The man and woman, who represent Wards Estate Agent, were unimpressed with the state of the £300,000 property, and made their feelings abundantly clear to each other in a recorded conversation in which they even exclaimed that the bungalow should be demolished.

Caught on camera. Image: Triangle News

One agent made a joke about a cat bowl being in the bedroom, while other comments about the floors needing mopping and the general tidiness of the house were thrown around.

However, the home owners have cameras set up to monitor their children, who have autism, and caught every insult that was being hurled about their home.

The mum-of-two, who has remained anonymous, said of the situation, “I am just so angry I was so shocked when I saw it. They were all nice to my face. The camera is there to monitor the kids, they have autism.

“We keep a camera in the room for the children’s safety due to them getting up in the night often. I was disgusted, I just felt so low and worthless. I just didn’t expect anything like that.

The agents criticised the state of the bungalow, completely unaware they were being filmed. Image: Triangle News

“One of them said our house was disgusting. They felt the needed to have a conversation about my family slagging us off in our home when they thought we weren’t looking.

“We trusted them with our home and they disrespected us.”

Group Managing Director of Arum Estates (of which Wards is a brand), David Lench, said: “Since learning about this most regrettable incident at the weekend, Wards have been in close contact with the client and her sister who instructed Wards to market the property.

“We have apologised unreservedly for the inappropriate and unprofessional discussion that took place between two staff members at the property on Saturday.

“Both staff members are extremely sorry for the upset they have caused and are highly embarrassed by their conduct.

“Wards rigorously trains its staff to treat customers fairly and with respect at all times.

“We are disappointed that the behaviour of these staff members falls far below the standards for which Wards are known.

Wards have been left red faced over the incident and have had to issue an apology. Image: Triangle News

“This is most regrettable as we have never previously experienced an incident of this kind and both staff members have had an unblemished record prior to this happening.

“Nevertheless, we completely agree with the client that this conversation should never have happened and fully appreciate the distress it has caused.

“We are taking the matter very seriously and will continue to work closely with the family to do everything possible to make amends.

“We will also be following our internal procedures with the staff involved and taking appropriate action.”

(H/T Daily Mail)

Leave a Reply