UFC Star Cracks Head Open Jumping Into Frozen Lake

We know UFC athletes put their bodies to the test in order to compete in the brutal sport, but a fighters attempt to showcase his toughness has backfired massively.

Georgian fighter, Merab Dvalishvili – ironically nicknamed ‘The Machine’ – has shared a terrifying video of him diving head first into a frozen lake that left the fighter a little worse for wear.

The 30-year-old cracked his head open on impact with the icy, frozen glass-like lake and in the footage can be seen immediately clutching his face and head in an understandably concerned moment of panic.

Ouch!

Dvalishvili, currently ranked 12th in the UFC’s Bantamweight Division, shared footage of the incident as well as the bloody aftermath on his twitter page.

In the clip he said, “I thought (it was) a great day to train and run in the park.

“Then I saw a pond which I thought was snow and water.

“But it turned out to be all ice and tree branches sticking out.

“As soon as I broke through the ice I felt my skin peeling off.

Perhaps trying to maintain his tough image, he also shared footage of doctors stapling his head back together from the hospital bed.

The fighter is expected to make a full recover and has assured his fans that “it is all good now”.

His last appearance in the UFC was at UFC252 on August 15, where he beat American fighter John Dodson in a unanimous points decision.

(H/T Ladbible)

Leave a Reply