London Builder Gets Naked And Runs Around Hotel Disturbing Guests

We’ve all been there before haven’t we. You’re out of town on a work trip, you’ve had one too many drinks on a night out and it only takes a single mate of yours to suggest the idea of stripping off naked and doing something stupid.

Well that was the reality for Rafal Ramotowski, a 49-year-old builder who faced Norwich Magistrates Court yesterday after he was caught running up and down hotel corridors naked, banging on the doors of other guests and screaming in the night on December 17 last year.

Not the best move for the Polish man who runs a small building business and was only in Norwich for a client meeting on the evening when the offences occurred.

As reported by the Eastern Daily Press, staff at the Holiday Inn hotel on Ipswich Road, Norwich, were alerted to the behaviour of Ramotowski and when they found him he was lying on the floor of his room without any clothes on.

Rafal Ramotowski leaving Norwich Magistrates Court – Image Credit: Peter Walsh, Archant Norfolk

Michael Devaney, prosecuting, told the court the defendant was offered a towel by staff but threw it away before “pulling apart his buttocks and pretending to talk”.

Unsuccessful in subduing the man, police were called and it was reported that due to his intoxication, the builder became aggressive and started shouting abuse at the officers.

It was claimed in court that the defendant had been offered a pink pill at some point during the evening, which he took, which might have explained his unusual behaviour, as reported by the Eastern Daily Press.

Simon Nicholls, mitigating, said “that was his problem”, as Ramotowski did not remember anything apart from “hallucinatory” moments until he was taken to hospital after his arrest.

“He has no recollection of running up and down the hall naked at 3.30am.”

He said the defendant could also not recall being arrested and was “ashamed” of his behaviour. He had said sorry for his behaviour to hotel staff and the police.

Avoiding jail time, the builder received fines totalling £1360 with charges of exposure, being drunk and disorderly and resisting arrest.

He was also ordered to pay compensation to the police officer, prosecution costs and a victim surcharge.

(H/T Eastern Daily Press)

Leave a Reply