Labourers Rescue Naked Fugitive From Crocodile-Infested Waters In Oz

In some lighter news this week coming courtesy of our colonial friends Down Under, 2 labourers have made headlines after rescuing a naked bloke who turned out to be a fugitive from crocodile-infested waters in the Northern Territory of Australia.

Yeah we know, it’s the most Australian story ever but it’s actually quite a tale.

Labourers Cam Faust and Kev Joiner were enjoying some time off work by going fishing on the outskirts of Darwin, when they heard an unusual noise coming from the trees that sounded like a cry for help.

Curious and cautiously, the two men slowly set off in their dinghy in the direction of where the sound was coming from and it was there that they spotted a naked Luke Voskresensky, a 40-year-old man on the run and on bail for armed robbery, multiple aggravated assaults, deprivation of liberty and stealing.

Quite the wrap sheet.

Bit thirsty there mate? Pic Credit Twitter 9news

Having been missing for 4 days, Voskresensky was covered in insect bites, mud and cuts and had made a sort of makeshift nest in these tree branches that dangled perilously close to the crocodile-infested waters below.

Speaking to 9news, labourer Faust said they approached Voskresensky cautiously at first where he told them he had been lost for 4 days and had been surviving by eating snails.

If you’re interested in hearing what the cry for help sounded like, we suggest watching this incredible video at the 30 second mark below for a great re-enactment from some of the most aussie blokes you’ll ever see.

“Once we’d seen how bad he was and how many cuts he had all over him and he was dehydrated and pretty weak … we thought we’d better get him in the boat,” Joiner said.

“We thought he just must have had a big night after New Year’s and got lost and done himself a mischief in the bush,” he added.

Being a good bloke, Faust took it upon himself to supply the man with some underwear as well as beer as “it looked like he needed one – he was in a bad way”.

As reported by 9news, An ambulance was waiting at a Darwin boat ramp when they arrived back on shore.

Voskresensky was taken to a Darwin hospital, where he was placed under police guard as he was treated for exposure.

Nothing like a beer after being stuck in the bush for 4 days! Pic credit 9news Twitter

A police spokesman told reporters he had cut off his electronic monitoring device last week and attempted to evade police.

While he is still in the hospital recovering, the naked tree bandit will appear in a local court on February 9th facing new charges to his already extensive list of prior crimes.

(H/T 9News)

Leave a Reply