Burglers Accidentally Call Police While Robbing House

Now, we’ve never burgled a house before, but if the day were to arrive where we found ourselves in such a situation, even as complete rookies to the job, we’d think it’s pretty safe to say we’d know better than to call the police on ourselves mid-job.

But that is, somehow, exactly what happened to the ‘world’s unluckiest burglars’.

Chief Inspector John Owen of Staffordshire Police has revealed that officers were called to a break-in on Wednesday night (January 6th) after the suspect had unknowingly rung the police.

CI Owen shared the news with his Twitter followers after the incident, likening the suspects to legendary dastardly duo, the Wet/Sticky Bandits from the Home Alone franchise.

CI Owen tweeted, “I think we just arrested the world’s unluckiest burglars.

“While committing a burglary, one of the bungling burglars accidentally sat on his phone and dialled 999.

“We received a call detailing all of their antics up to the point of hearing our patrols arrive and arrest them.”

In fairness to the Sticky Bandits, they actually had the ingenuity to escape from prison and still had a few successful, big money burglaries under their belts before Kevin McAllister sussed them out. It’s hard to imagine Harry and Marv being as amateurish as this.