Plumber Releases Charity Song To Raise Money For Homeless

It’s been a tough few days of news here in the UK so here’s a story that should bring some hope and a smile to your face.

A Pimlico plumber has traded his plumbing pipes for his vocal ones after releasing a charity version of the song ‘White Christmas’ all in the name of raising money for the homeless.

Greg McGrath is the voice you’ll hear on the Pimlico 2020 Christmas advert after he caught the attention of Chairman and founder, Charlie Mullins, who overheard him bursting out a tune at the company’s headquarters in Lambeth.

With all proceeds of the single going to The Passage – an organisation that offers the homeless assistance including medical services, housing solutions, employment services and outreach, the grandfather of four has fulfilled a life-long dream of his to record a single.

As reported by the London News Online, the modest plumber said “I have been singing all my life, so I guess you could say it’s a dream come true. It was just my big mouth that made it happen.

“I don’t think I’ll be taking the stage at the Palladium or joining Michael Bublé at the 02 anytime soon, but I am glad that I am able to help such an important organisation as The Passage by doing something I love.

“I have never done anything like it. I have been thrown out of a couple of boozers on the Old Kent Road for singing too loudly before, but that’s about it”.

What a legend.

If you’d like to hear ‘White Christmas’ by Greg McGrath and the Pimlico Choir and contribute to this great cause, the song is available right now to download on both Amazon and iTunes with 100% of the proceeds being given to The Passage.

(H/T London News Online)

Leave a Reply