Jailed Builder Has £1.2m Confiscated After Drug Trafficking Ring Exposed

A builder in Essex who was jailed last year for being the kingpin in a drug trafficking ring has been ordered to hand over more than £1.2million of assets, after receiving a confiscation order at Kingston Crown Court on Monday.

Jason Warner, from Canvey Island, was sentenced to 8 years and 4 months in prison in June 2019  after pleading guilty to 4 counts of conspiracy to supply controlled drugs and 3 counts of money laundering.

He was caught supplying kilos of cocaine, amphetamines and cannabis across London and Essex and was warned that a failure to pay the full amount of the confiscation order could result in him serving up to a further seven years in prison upon failure to pay within 3 months.

Image Credit National Crime Agency

Head of the Organised Crime Partnerships, Detective Chief Inspector Tony O’Sullivan said:

“Confiscation orders are a key tool in allowing us to pursue illegally-obtained assets and preventing convicted criminals from funding luxury lifestyles on their release.”

“By working together, the NCA and Met Police are taking away profits from the criminals who cause harm in our communities and ensuring they face justice.”

As reported in The National Crime Agency, Financial investigators found that between October 2012 and September 2018 Warner deposited £208,000 cash into his bank accounts.

Although some of these cash deposits could be explained through cash-paid building work, rental income and gambling winnings, the court decided that £182,000 was part of his benefit from criminal conduct.

Two criminal associates – former RAF sergeant David Corentin, aged 33, of Lighterman Road, Rainham, and Dennis Jacob, aged 72, of Carnation Close, Romford – were also jailed for money laundering.

The court also found Warner had benefited by £644,000 after OCP officers found this amount stashed in Corentin’s car, on his person on arrest and in a safe in Jacobs’ home.

Officers recovered 9.5 kilos of cocaine, 3,435 MDMA pills, 22.4 kilos of Amphetamine, 26.5 kilos of cannabis and 8 kilos of benzocaine – a cutting agent – as part of the investigation. They suspected the drugs were bought with cash generated from previous consignments.

(H/T National Crime Agency)

Leave a Reply