Sacha Baron Cohen Shares Footage Of Scary Escape After Gun Rally

Sacha Baron Cohen has released some terrifying behind the scenes footage of his latest Borat film that shows him cowering in an ambulance after fleeing a gun rights rally.

The scene was the aftermath of arguably the films most daring and dangerous stunt, where he performed an extremely racist and jaw-dropping song at the ‘March For Our Rights’ gun rally disguised as a guy named ‘Country Steve’.

Duping the right-wing crowd into singing along to lyrics that included “Obama what we gonna do? inject him with the Wuhan Flu” and “Journalists what we gonna do? Chop them up like the Saudis do”, the stunt was always going to be risky and now we have insight into how close he came to danger.

Despite the initial positive response from the crowd, it soon became clear to some that the whole thing was a massive prank on them and that’s when things quickly turned sour.

Cohen fled the stage after supporters breached the barriers and went after the Ali G star, jumping in a planned getaway car – that was an ambulance – before getting trapped by the angry gun-slinging crowd.

In the footage released he can be seen getting as low as possible in the vehicle to avoid being seen and can be heard shouting “drive, go go go!”.

At one point it looks as if angry members of the crowd have been able to to pry open the door of the vehicle, which required Cohen to jump into action and hold it shut from the inside.

We’ve seen some pretty daring stunts from Cohen over the years but knowing he would be performing this song in front of a crowd of passionate activists freely holding semi-automatic weapons surely takes the cake right?

Speaking to Stephen Colbert on The Late Show on Monday he said “this was the first movie where I’ve had to wear a bulletproof vest”.

You can watch Borat Subsequent Moviefilm on Amazon Prime now!

(H/T Ladbible)

Leave a Reply