Bugatti Reveal New 300mph Hypercar

Given how wary many of us are of using public transport in the current climate combined with the fact that the excitement of air travel has been suppressed by quarantines, travel bans and about 45 other pandemic related situations, it feels like we need more interesting options on the road to keep us entertained.

Which is where Bugatti come in.

The French automobile manufacturer’s latest effort, The Bugatti Bolide, may only be a concept car, but it’s still well worth getting excited about.

At 1,800 horsepower, the Bolide is frighteningly powerful and can top out at a, frankly ludicrous, 300 MILES PER HOUR.

Director of Design at Bugatti Achim Anscheidt said of the Bolide, “In my 16 years at Bugatti, I have never worked on a more extreme vehicle concept.”

How’s that to whet the appetite?

Image: Bugatti

Furthermore, Bugatti President Stephan Winkelmann added, “We asked ourselves how we could realise the mighty W16 engine as a technical symbol of the brand in its purest form – with solely four wheels, engine, gearbox, steering wheel and, as the only luxury, two seats.”

But this isn’t a little beauty that you can tear down the motorway in or drive up and down the coast. It’s strictly track only. Which is probably for the best.

The Bolide has a gigantic, modified 8 litre, 16 cylinder engine, similar to the one found in Bugatti’s Chiron, which is designed to be extremely lightweight, allowing it to soar to it’s terrifying top speed of 300mph.

Image: Bugatti

Bugatti themselves have described driving the car as like ‘riding a cannonball’, while saying of the design, “The design of the Bugatti Bolide is radically tailored to the idea of lightweight construction, resulting in the most provocative proportion of a modern Bugatti ever and the distilled quintessence of our Bugatti design ethos form follows performance.

Image: Bugatti

“The stylistic challenge was to transform the unyielding demands of aerodynamics and lightweight construction into an aesthetic that reflects the unique Bugatti DNA, but at the same time illustrates the ambition of an impressive weight-to-power ratio.

“The overall appearance is dominated by air ducts that are more reminiscent of Formula 1 racing cars than classic sports cars.

“The seemingly filigree and half-open front end is a striking example of the combination of air duct expertise, lightweight construction requirements and aesthetic dynamics.”

OK, you’ve sold it to us. We’ll take two. Cheers.