Legendary ’90s DIY Show Changing Rooms Is Returning To Our TV Screens

Back in the late ’90s and early ’00s there was a period where everyone became obsessed with using MDF for everything and renovating rooms in under half an hour. It was an obsession spawned by BBC favourite Changing Rooms. And almost 20 years after it first left our screens, the DIY favourite is back.

Fronted by previous designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, the show will not see former host Carol Smiley returning, but instead she will be replaced by Davina McCall.

The show, which will be returning in the new year for six one hour episodes, was originally teased back in August after being absent from our screens since 2003, when it’s initial run ended.

Changing Rooms was a phenomenon between 1996-2003, fronting a surge in popularity of home DIY restoration programmes, with tradesman Handy Andy happily using MDF for absolutely every job he was tasked with.

It has not yet been confirmed whether Andy will be making a return for the relaunch, although we have our fingers crossed that he will be present for at least one episode.

For the 2021 reboot, it will be Channel Four screening the show, rather than the BBC and we’re hoping for more disasters like THAT teapot collection waving bye bye to it’s owner as the shelf it was placed upon absolutely snuffed it…

What a show. We cannot wait to have it back.

Leave a Reply