KFC Confirm That The Legendary Double Down Burger Is Returning

With little else to celebrate in 2020, it seems as if fast food chains are trying to single handedly save 2020 on their own, with McDonald’s introducing the triple cheeseburger and spicy quarter pounder in recent weeks. Now, KFC are continuing the good news with a HUGE announcement.

The fried chicken chain has confirmed that their legendary Double Down burger will be returning to restaurants, starting from next week.

For a limited time only, from 5th October, you will be able to get your hands on the bunless wonder, which sandwiches BBQ sauce slathered bacon and melted cheese between two ‘succulent Original Recipe chicken fillets’.

Obviously it’d be even better if you just put a bun around all that to make a normal, massive double chicken bacon cheeseburger, but hey, in 2020, we’ll take whatever we can get.

However, don’t get too used to the Double Down being around, as it’s only here until 15th November. So act fast.

KFC said in a statement, “Goes without saying 2020 has been pretty fowl. We’ve all had a long, hard year… and it’s not over yet.

“So over here at KFC HQ, we’ve been plotting and scheming – trying to find ways to bring a little joy to 2020 (it needs it). And we reckon if there’s one thing the nation has been chirping out for, it’s the return of a legendary fried chicken classic.

“Enter KFC’s Double Down – the iconic bunless burger of your dreams. For those in the back, it features crispy bacon, melted cheese and barbeque sauce, all sandwiched between two succulent Original Recipe chicken fillets.”

But yeah, about just putting a bun around it. It’d be an idea, wouldn’t it?