Jet Packs To Be Introduced For Paramedics

A futuristic jet suit is to be introduced for use by paramedics in a development that could help save countless lives.

The Great North Air Ambulance Service (GNAAS) and Gravity Industries started discussions over the potentially game changing equipment over a year ago and now their plans seem to be coming to fruition.

A test run of the new suit was carried out in the Lake District, with the kit able to reach speeds of up to a staggering 85mph.

The jetpack is the brainchild of Andy Mawson, Director of Operations at GNAAS, who spoke to the BBC about today’s test flight.

“There are dozens of patients every month within the complex but relatively small geographical footprint of the Lakes.

“We could see the need. What we didn’t know for sure is how this would work in practice. Well we’ve seen it now and it is, quite honestly, awesome.

“The biggest advantage is its speed.

“If the idea takes off, the flying paramedic will be armed with a medical kit, with strong pain relief for walkers who may have suffered fractures, and a defibrillator for those who may have suffered a heart attack.

“In a jet pack, what might have taken up to an hour to reach the patient may only take a few minutes, and that could mean the difference between life and death.”

In addition to his comments to the BBC, Mr. Mawson also told News and Star, “In a time in healthcare when we are exhausted with Covid and its effects, it’s important to still push the boundaries.

“Our aircraft will remain a vital part of the emergency response in this terrain, as will the fantastic mountain rescue teams. But this is about looking at supplementing those resources with something completely new.”

Gravity Industries founder Richard Browning carried out the test flight and revealed how proud he was to be a part of the jet suit’s launch.

“It was wonderful to be invited to explore the capabilities of the Gravity Jet Suit in an emergency response simulation and work alongside the team at GNAAS.

“We are just scratching the surface in terms of what is possible to achieve with our technology.

“Emergency response is one of the areas Gravity are actively pursuing, alongside launching a new commercial training location at the world-renowned Goodwood Estate.”

The future is officially here. Now that we’ve got jetpacks, can we have a Covid-19 vaccine, pls?