Police Seize 345,000 USED Condoms That Were Being Sold As New

345,000 used condoms have been confiscated in a warehouse in Binh Duong, Vietnam, after it was discovered they were being cleaned and resold as brand new Johnnys.

In what police are describing as an ‘extreme health risk’ – as if we didn’t have one of those already currently destroying the world – it is alleged there was a sophisticated operation taking place with used rubbers being boiled in water, dried and repackaged to sell again.

Image Credit VTV

As reported by the ABC, The owner of the warehouse said they had received a “monthly input of used condoms from an unknown person”.

A 34-year-old woman detained during the bust told police that “the used prophylactics were first boiled in water then dried and reshaped on a wooden phallus before being repackaged and resold”.

Here’s what I don’t get…how does someone get hold of that many used condoms? Are they sifting through rubbish tips looking for treasured gold in order to supply this whole operation of madness?

And just before you think this must have been a gold mine. Incorrect.

The woman who was detained reportedly received a whopping £0.14 for every KILOGRAM of recycled condoms she produced.

It’s pretty clear there will be more to this story as the investigation is ongoing but just for the fun of it, I thought I’d share what I believe would have been the best slogan for the business.

“Ribbed (and recycled) for your pleasure”

Image Credit VTV

(H/T ABC)

Leave a Reply