Indian Takeaway Creates ‘Largest Ever’ Set Menu That Takes 10 Days To Eat

Fancy yourself as an Indian food expert? Demolish a takeaway regularly every weekend? Then how about stepping up your game and taking on the world’s largest ever set menu?

An Indian restaurant in Surrey has put together a menu containing a whopping 114 items, featuring one dish known as the ‘Sack Matt Hancock’ curry.

The monster menu takes an astonishing 10 days to complete, which is just as well, as it looks as though the UK is plunging headfirst into a second national lockdown and we could all do with as many distractions as possible while we’re all stuck at home again.

And if that’s not enough, the whole thing will only set you back £49.99. That works out at roughly 43p per item. Cheap at twice the price.

The offering comes courtesy of Bombaylicious in Coulsdon, Surrey and also comes with SIX bottles of Indian lager.

Twenty seven dishes make up the menu, totalling 114 items overall, including masala lamb chops, chicken tikka, samosas and the aforementioned Hancock curry, aimed at the current health secretary and his handling of the covid-19 pandemic.

Twenty seven dishes make up the menu, totalling 114 items overall, including masala lamb chops, chicken tikka, samosas and the aforementioned Hancock curry, aimed at the current health secretary and his handling of the covid-19 pandemic.

Owner Asad Khan has said the deal is only available to regular single customers who “can’t maintain their usual curry intake” because of coronavirus restrictions.

Khan said, via LADbible,

“We suffered greatly with the government’s ‘Eat In to Help Out’ scheme, which took many of our customers away to nearby restaurants.

“The lack of testing in London, which we anticipate will soon reach Surrey, will be a double whammy for takeaways and for single people who will have to self-isolate for long periods of time.

“The Aag Maithyoo Hancock (Sack Matt Hancock, translated into Hindi) will, we hope, enable those regular customers to get the daily curry fix they deserve and crave.”

Think we’re going to move to Surrey before lockdown two kicks in…

Featured Image Credit: SWNS