Kopparberg’s Dark Fruits Rum Is Released Today

Bank Holiday weekend may have come and gone, but if you fancy extending it by an extra day or night, Kopparberg have got you well and truly covered.

The Swedish cider giants have decided to get into the spirits game and have today unleashed Dark Fruits Rum on the world.

The tipple is blackcurrant and blackberry flavoured and will set you back around £20 at your nearest supermarket.

Kopparberg have suggested enjoying the drink neat over ice or with coke and a wedge of lime. Both solid options, if you ask us.

The move from Cider to the harder stuff comes not long after the Swedish drinks experts released a series of hard seltzers earlier this year. The 37.5% gear has been launched by Kojey Radical, who has designed some limited edition t-shirts for the rum’s debut, with a selection of proceeds being donated to the Music Venue Trust, aimed at helping out grassroots music venues during such a difficult period.

Rob Salvesen, the head of marketing at Kopparberg, said: “Following the success of our Cherry Spiced Rum launch earlier this year, our new Dark Fruit variant allows existing and new Kopparberg Rum fans to discover a new way to enjoy the bold fruit flavours the brand is famous for.

“We are always looking for new ways to engage our customers and introduce the brand to new audiences – we were thrilled with the reception our fans had to our cherry variant, and the bold flavours of blackberry and blackcurrant and rum felt like a natural fit.

“Our partnership with Kojey Radical highlights the importance of supporting the night-time economy and late-night event spaces, now more than ever.

“We’re delighted to offer our support to the Music Venue Trust at this crucial time and look forward to a time soon when we can all enjoy live music together again.”

So, that’s our weekend plans sorted. What about your’s?