Builder Gets Workmates To Pull Teeth Out With Pliers

As much as no one enjoys a trip to the dentist, I think it’s safe to assume no one fears it enough to seek an alternative as brutal as having your mate rip your teeth out with pliers. Yet one builder has gone to such horrific lengths.

Phil Bailey, a 58-year-old builder from Castleford, West Yorkshire, moves around the country so much with his work that he never bothered registering with a dentist.

It is a decision that has led to terrifying looking DIY procedures being carried out on his mouth.

Whenever a tooth started to bother Phil, he simply asked a workmate to extract it using their pliers, with some of the ‘operations’ even being filmed on site.

The grandfather-of-three has now gone viral with his latest effort, filmed earlier this month (which can be watched HERE), where a painful molar is yanked from his skull.

Amazingly, Phil barely flinches as the tooth is removed, with his workmates audibly laughing in the background.

The 58-year-old says of the extractions, “If a tooth starts hurting me, I’ll just wait until I’m on site and ask one of the lads to yank it out. I always ask them to film.

“This tooth had been giving me jip over the weekend so when I got in on Monday morning, I just asked one of the lads to grab some pliers and pull it out.

“I don’t really have many problems with my teeth these days, because there aren’t that many left.

“I have got a very high pain threshold. If you have a day off work to get your teeth pulled you can miss out on a day’s pay or in the past you might lose your job. I’ve never been registered with a dentist. I used to work away a lot on motorways. You could be working down south for a few weeks and you can’t register when you’re only having one pulled.

“It’s just easier to get the lads to pull them on site. The pain is sharp but I’d rather have that than days of aching.

“I just look at it like when you were a kid and your mum would say lets have a look at your tooth as it’s wobbling.You’d keep telling her ‘no, no, leave it’ but when you’re not ready, she’s got hold of it and pulled it out and it’s all over.”

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m just off to throw up quite a lot.

(h/t Daily Mail)

Leave a Reply