The KFC 80 Piece Popcorn Chicken Bucket Is Coming Back Next Week

While the government may be telling us all to drop a few pounds in order to be more healthy in the fight against coronavirus, the only pounds any of us are likely to be dropping next week are into the tills of KFC’s around the UK, as the fried chicken giant announced the return of one of it’s most legendary meals.

The 80 piece popcorn chicken bucket took the nation by storm back in February, when it was first released and, since being so cruelly taken away from us, is now set for a relaunch on 24th August.

Running until 4th October, there will be plenty of opportunity to pick up a bucket or six to help make these testing times all the more tolerable.

KFC said in a statement, “Remember February? Feels a long time ago. It was back then (in those face mask-free days) that we surprised the nation with the release of the 80 Piece Popcorn Chicken Bucket.

“Well it was such a hit that we’ve decided to bring it back again. From next Monday (24 August) onwards, you and your mates can enjoy 80 pieces of our 100 percent chicken breast Popcorn Chicken for just £5.99.

“That’s 80 pieces of bite-sized fun to share… the only question to ask yourself is who are the clucky friends you’ll split it with?”

Priced at £5.99, between Monday and Wednesday next week you’ll be able to nab one for just £2.99, with the Colonel agreeing to participate in the government’s Eat Out To Help Out scheme.

So that’s us eating 240 pieces of popcorn chicken during the first half of next week. What about you?