Man Turns Dodgem Into Fully Functioning Mobility Scooter

It’s been a long time coming in 2020, but the hero we both need and deserve has finally arrived.

Chris Acock, from Portland, Dorset, has completed lockdown’s most sensational transformation by turning a £30 dodgem he bought on eBay into a fully functioning, roadworthy mobility scooter.

The 53-year-old’s mean machine can top out at speeds of 8mph and only cost a further £400 to modify. Money very well spent, we say.

Chris stripped down the old fairground ride, added some lights and a flag and before he knew it, he was zipping round the mean streets of Dorset with his partner Zarra Lea.

We much prefer this Optimus Prime’s transformation, tbh. Image: Bournemouth News

“I’m building stuff all the time and it wasn’t that difficult to do. We go to the pub and shops and it seems to make people smile” Chris told the LADbible.

Zarra added, “When Chris told me his plan, I thought it was absolutely marvellous. He’s modified tractors and lawnmowers before.

“When people first see it, they’re in shock because they can’t quite believe it. But they then roll down their window for a picture and say, ‘That’s awesome’.”

Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’re off to start a gov.uk petition to have these mass produced so every household in the UK can own one.