One Strip Club Worker May Have Infected Over 550 People In Canada

Picture the scene: Society has reopened and you’re celebrating with a night on the town for a few drinks, helping to revive a flagging economy that has been crippled thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. You have a few drinks and you feel the tension of a brutal few months in quarantine lifting off your shoulders. Perhaps you get a bit carried away and the night gets a little too debauched. Before you know it, you’re being contacted to get yourself tested for Covid-19 because that gentlemen’s club you visited wasn’t as wholesome and clean as you anticipated.

This is the reality facing over 550 people in Toronto, Canada, where a dancer at the Brass Rail Tavern tested positive for Coronavirus, leading health authorities with the task of tracking down every club patron who had attended during her four shifts.

However, the main problem facing health officials now is the fact they believe a large number of attendees will have used false contact details upon entering the club, to protect their anonymity.

University of Toronto infectious disease expert Professor Andrew Morris said: “You know how long it’s going to take them to chase down 550 guys, half of which probably gave fake ID or information.”

An investigation into the club revealed that social distancing measures had not been properly enforced, with strip clubs required to use plexiglass shields when a 2m distance cannot be kept.

Ontario premier Doug Ross said: “There are 500 people – you’ve got to practice social distancing, you’ve got to put on a mask – I know it sounds ironic talking about that – you have to.

“I feel sorry for people when they go to their house and tell them that they were at the Brass Rail.

“That’s who I feel sorry for. Sorry for the spouse, seriously. Man, I wouldn’t want to be on the end of that one.”

I don’t think any of us would want to be on the end of that one, Doug.

(h/t metro)

Leave a Reply