One Bloke Flew His Two Mates 200 Miles To His Favourite Curry House

Sometimes, people will go to great lengths to satisfy a craving, but the actions of three curry mad mates from the Isle of Wight have taken things to a new level.

Danial Sabhani and his two mates Simon Ledger and Mike Figg were having a casual afternoon chaat, sorry chat, when Danial pondered if either of them fancied a curry. Despite the fact it was still early in the day, the pair agreed, but had no idea just how far this desire for a ruby was going to take them.

Before they knew it, they were 5,000 ft in the air, aboard Danial’s own personal light aircraft and headed for Lahore Spice, near Harrow in North West London.

The trio left Sandown Airport and headed for Elstree Aerodrome, travelling at roughly 120 mph. They spent just 40 minutes in the air before taking a 15 minute taxi journey to the restaurant once they touched down.

Sometimes, you’ve just got to take a 200 mile round trip for a decent curry. Image: Triangle News

Once at Lahore Spice, the three mates feasted on a £50 mixed menu before flying home with another £200 worth of takeaway food.

On top of the food expenditures, plane fuel set them back around £60, while the two cab fares amounted to £40 altogether. So £350 three ways for a 200 mile round trip of less than three hours, featuring an ‘incredible’ curry and a pub story for the ages? Sounds like good value to us.

Simon said, “Danial just said ‘Do you fancy a curry?’

“It was 2pm but I thought why not. But he surprised us by taking us by plane.

“It is Danial’s favourite place. It was incredible. Danial then wound me up saying that he couldn’t fly.He kept saying ‘Where is the manual?’ as a joke.

Some extra hand luggage for the flight home. Image: Triangle News

“It was cheaper and quicker than going by car and ferry.

“It would have taken us 40 minutes just to get the ferry, then an hour on the boat costing £100. It would then have been at least two hours from Portsmouth to drive to the capital.

“The curry was very nice and we even took some back with us. When we got back it was still warm.”

Some effort, but at least they’ve got the story to share and a ton of leftover curry to polish off over the next few days. Take a bow, lads.