‘Luxury’ £1.2m London Flat Comes with RIDICULOUS Catch

Any tradespeople out there ever been asked to sink a swimming pool into a living room before? What do you mean “No, that would be completely and utterly bizarre”?

Well, as it turns out, one ‘luxury’ two bedroom, two bathroom apartment in London, with it’s own sauna, can offer such an extravagance and is as utterly ridiculous as it is hilarious.

The apartment, located on Hornsey Road, Upper Holloway, might sound like a dream, but only if you want your ‘private pool’ slap bang in the middle of your flat. Not in it’s own secluded area away from the communal spaces. Oh no, the pool is literally the communal area.

The Zoopla listing reads,“One of a kind! Luxury two double bedroom flat with private swimming pool!

The basement of the split level apartment comprises luxury private swimming pool, sauna, shower, seating area with folding glass doors, kitchenette, and w/c.

“After climbing the spiral staircase you arrive at a good sized open plan reception room with kitchen, two double bedrooms, walk in wardrobe, bathroom with shower overhead, and small patio. The property is immaculate throughout and truly is, one of a kind!

“Both Archway Tube N19 and Finsbury Park Tube N4 are located under a mile walk from the flat, and both offer a plethora of travel options and local amenities.”

Amazingly, the apartment was originally listed with an asking price of £1m, but a further £200,000 was added once photos began to circulate online, gaining the location unexpected viral infamy.

As is the case with most deals like this, the listing rapidly made it’s way to Twitter where the comments were, as you’d expect, comedy gold.

One user wrote,“A two-bed flat in Holloway with a SWIMMING POOL is indeed ‘one of a kind’! What the f***.”

“None of it makes any sense! There’s also a sitting room above with chairs arranged round a window that looks down on the pool.”

Another user sounded like they’d had the best experience, however, even revealing the absurdity of next door’s pool set up, as well.

”I HAVE BEEN IN THIS FLAT,” they wrote.

“I went to view it to possibly rent it. There was no access to the downstairs so it just had a window onto someone else’s pool which, at the time, was drained and had an armchair in it. It was f***ing bizarre. We did not rent it.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m desperate to see someone snap the place up just to make a documentary series about how utterly bizarre it is to live in half a leisure centre.

Leave a Reply